It’s not too hard to recall a time when the notion of buyer representation was a foreign concept in the real estate industry. Now, the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) has almost 30,000 members and over 25,000 ABR® (Accredited Buyer’s Representative) designees. And, as the industry continues to grow and flourish, there are certain members performing exemplary acts who deserve special recognition. These outstanding ABR® designees are selected by an independent panel for inclusion in the REBAC Hall of Fame.
Take a look at our 2017 ABR®, SRES®, and Green Networking & Awards Reception.
Each honoree receives:
- Presentation of their Hall-of-Fame credentials at the ABR®, SRES®, and Green Networking & Awards Reception
- Extensive press coverage
- Coverage in REBAC’s monthly newsletter Today's Buyer's Rep and in the TBR HotSheet
- Peer recognition
- REBAC website prominence
What does it take to get inducted? There’s no simple answer. The nomination form asks for a “Summary of activities, achievements, participation in REBAC programs and events, and general contributions to buyer representation undertaken by the nominee that qualifies him/her for inclusion in the Hall of Fame.”
Because there are no simple, agreed-upon benchmarks or rigidly-defined requirements for inclusion in REBAC’s Hall of Fame, the best way to understand what makes a worthy candidate is to look at what past REBAC Hall-of-Fame inductees have accomplished. This will reveal attributes which all Hall-of-Fame members have in common, such as:
- Dedication to buyer-representation service centered on client needs and wishes.
- Buyer-representation skills based on training, competency and experience.
- Active participation in REBAC, other professional associations and in community organizations.
- Commitment to the advancement of buyer representation and its practice.
- REBAC members are encouraged to nominate (only) ABR® designees, including themselves, whose accomplishments deserve external acknowledgement.
- To make a nomination, submit a Hall of Fame Nomination Form to REBAC via mail or e-mail.
- DEADLINE: All 2018 Hall of Fame Nomination Forms must be received by July 16, 2018.
- Prior-year nominations will also be considered.
- Nominations made after July 16, 2018 will be considered for induction to the 2019 Hall of Fame.
- Questions? Please contact REBAC by e-mail or call 800-648-6224 .