It’s not too hard to recall a time when the notion of buyer representation was a foreign concept in the real estate industry. Now, the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) has almost 30,000 members and over 25,000 ABR® (Accredited Buyer’s Representative) designees. And, as the industry continues to grow and flourish, there are certain members performing exemplary acts who deserve special recognition.
Take a look at our 2017 ABR®, SRES® & Green Networking & Awards Reception.
Each honoree receives:
- Presentation of their Hall-of-Fame credentials at the ABR®, SRES® & Green Networking & Awards Reception
- Extensive press coverage
- Coverage in REBAC’s monthly newsletter Today's Buyer's Rep and in the TBR HotSheet
- Peer recognition
- REBAC website prominence
What does it take to get inducted? There’s no simple answer. The nomination form asks for a “summary of activities, achievements, participation in REBAC programs and events, and general contributions to buyer representation undertaken by the nominee that qualifies him/her for inclusion in the Hall of Fame.”
Because there are no simple, agreed upon benchmarks or rigidly defined requirements for inclusion in REBAC’s Hall of Fame, the best way to understand what makes a worthy candidate is to look at what past REBAC Hall of Fame inductees have accomplished. This will reveal attributes which all Hall of Fame members have in common, such as:
- Dedication to buyer representation service centered on client needs and wishes.
- Buyer representation skills based on training, competency, and experience.
- Active participation in REBAC, other professional associations, and in community organizations.
- Commitment to the advancement of buyer representation and its practice.
- REBAC members are encouraged to nominate (only) ABR® designees, including themselves, whose accomplishments deserve external acknowledgment.
- To make a nomination, submit a Hall of Fame Nomination Form to REBAC via email.
- DEADLINE: 2021 Hall of Fame Nomination Forms will be due in July 2021, the nomination form will be posted soon.
- Prior-year nominations will also be considered.
- Nominations made after July 2020 will be considered for induction to the 2022 Hall of Fame.
- Questions? Please contact REBAC by email or call 800-648-6224 .